Thursday, October 20, 2011

Horrible Couple of Days

Even though classes have only resumed on Wednesday, I am in dire need of another break. Or just a break in general. I decided to not go home for Midterm break due to the fact that I could get a lot of hours in at work, and that I needed the money.

I didn't realize exactly how much I would need the money when I was earning it.

Tuesday night, after spending two days working 9 hour shifts at the IT Desk, I was using my computer when it told me that my hard drive had failed and that I needed to back everything up to avoid losing everything on my laptop. This was probably the last thing I wanted to see. I had already spent a lot of money over the summer fixing the hard drive, so that I wouldn't have to spend more money to replace the hard drive. Now it's looking like I will need to replace the hard drive. Absolutely fantastic.

Once I made peace with this decision, and resigned myself to the fact that I would need to spend some decent money on fixing my computer, my watch broke. And I'm constantly checking it. So there's another expense that has to be dealt with.

So then this morning I woke up early. I thought it was fantastic because then I could go to the gym and work out my feelings like I did almost every day this summer. I was all ready to walk out of my room, when I discovered that I didn't know where my ID was.

For those that don't know, your student ID is pretty important. It's what you use to pay for meals with, how you buy your books in the book store, lets you use the campus' gym facilities, etc. Oh yeah. It's also your key to your dorm building.

Instead of waiting, because I had so many other things up in the air, I just had the new ID charged to my account. There was one problem dealt with. Then during work, they were nice enough to let me back up my computer so when my hard drive crashes, I'll be alright. They were also nice enough to let me write a Sociology paper.

Everything is looking up from yesterday, which is fantastic. I guess maybe having 3 hours of tap helped too. Tonight, after working two shifts today, I think I'm going to go to the season opener of EC Hockey. And then tomorrow, I have a nice full afternoon of volunteering.

Sounds like everything will be alright.

No comments:

Post a Comment