Monday, October 31, 2011

Rooming Stuff

I'm sitting here at my desk, which you know means that serious work is about t o happen. But, as I sip my coffee, I realize that I don't feel like doing any work. My roommate doesn't help anything. We started talking about ice cream, and all of that wonderful stuff. So my work ethic completely disappeared. But at least I had an idea for this blog!

This is gonna be all about my experiences with rooming and my roommate for this year. I had no idea how rooming this year was going to turn out. There was a lot of drama with the girl I was supposed to room with for this year, so we mutually decided that it wasn't going to be a good idea for us to live together. We just wouldn't have enjoyed this year, so we decided that she would room with another friend, and I would go into the lottery, and be put with whomever.

That was a very interesting situation to be in. The first girl I was put with was a senior. But my mom and I had problems with the fact that she would be allowed to have alcohol in the room, and I might get in trouble for it. Then I was put with two other sophomores like, but for some reason those fell through. So then they put me with my current roommate.

I was a little skeptical about being put with her. We're definitely different people-- most notably in our sleep schedules. I'll be snuggled up in bed at 11pm, but she'll still be up until like 3am, with no problem. But for some reason, we just work. We get along well, and laugh a lot. We're kind of into the same things, like we both love the same movies (Life is Beautiful, and The Pirates of the Caribbean series). And we both love our naps. So it works out a lot better than I think either of us thought it would.

It's great that sometimes the system works to your advantage. I'm friends with a great person that I thought I would never even talk to before.

I guess this is a 'good job EC' moment!

No comments:

Post a Comment